During this holiday season we are asking you to support members of the Eastern European community in need in Washington through Eastern European Counseling Center (EECC) a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
EECC is providing mental health services to low-income and underserved individuals and families since 2008. It’s the only behavioral health agency in our state dedicated to providing members of our community with culturally sensitive in native language mental health services. Our programs are designed to help Eastern Europeans in need overcome their difficulties and successfully integrate into the American society while maintaining their cultural identity. For low-income clients our services are FREE of charge.
We are proud to say that in 2014, EECC served 304 clients. Out of them, 32% lived in poverty and 49% were low-income.
• 183 clients received behavioral health support through our Immigrant Integration Project helping them with adjustment difficulties.
• 121 survivors of domestic violence and members of their families were provided with comprehensive mental health treatment. With EECC’s help they achieved safety, received assistance and support so they could become self-sufficient and live productive lives.
• 51 elderly and disabled members of the community were provided in home counseling and case management to help them overcome cultural adjustment problems.
• 19 forensic mental health evaluations were conducted for members of the community with legal problems (family, criminal and immigration).
• 681 immigrants and refugees received referrals to social, affordable housing, law enforcement and legal services providers, educational, employment and medical organizations. 97 of them were provided with interpreting services.
• 121 boxes with reusable clothes, household items and toys were delivered to women’s shelters in the Greater Seattle area.
• 34 women participated in therapeutic groups devoted to immigrant women’s issues.
• 37 immigrant parents attended parenting skills development training and gained the knowledge they need to help their children overcome integration difficulties and succeed in the new country.
Please bring hope to the one of the most vulnerable populations in our state by donating to EECC. Because of the generous donations of individuals, foundations, businesses and community groups, were able to help many people in need.
You may choose from the following giving options:
Match your donation through Workplace Giving (Microsoft, Google, and Puget Sound Energy)
Donate by credit card over the phone
For more information call 425-649-1177 or 425-633-6476
Businesses often encourage their employees to contribute to the community through a matching fund program. Businesses may also provide the added benefit of matching an employee’s gifts. Please contact your community relations or human resources representative to learn if your organization has workplace giving and/or a matching funds program. EECC is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization so donations are tax-deductible.
Thank you for your support!